Accounts Payable/Accounting Assistant
Do you enjoy learning new and challenging skills in an active office environment? Would you like to be
part of a dynamic team for a company that is a leader in its industry? If so, we want you to join our team.
Phoenix Feeds & Nutrition, Inc. is a manufacturer of conventional, organic, and non-GMO livestock
feed in New Haven, Vermont.
Our ideal candidate is friendly, organized, efficient, and disciplined with experience in accounts payable,
bank statement reconciliation, inventory, month end processes and a passion for helping our customers,
supporting our mill and sales staffs, and possesses a talent for problem-solving. This position also shares
responsibilities for customer service and order entry.
- Accounts Payable
- Bank Statement Reconciliation
- Monthly Inventory
- Month End Processes
- Generate pricing updates and customer price lists.
- Maintain various operations spreadsheets for management.
- Telephone and email communication with customers and vendors.
- Order/data entry and processing through our automated system.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow tasks through to completion.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced business environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively with others.
- Prior accounting experience
- Outstanding verbal and written skills.
- Experience with Microsoft office products, especially excel.
- Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly compensation based on experience.
- Health care.
- Vacation, sick, and personal days, with major holidays off.
- 401K plan.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
Please reply with a cover letter, resumé, and references, including
a phone number and/or email where we can reach you. No phone calls please.